Friday 9 May 2014

Finalising papes and getting ready for construction

The past few days I have spent hours stitching, sewing ends, hand sewing, designing and thinking through the process of how to put it all together. Pages have been added to with further stitching in gold, silver and other metallic threads which has been tricky. I knew I had to stop last night when I accidentally cut one of the pages and ended up hand sewing another to my jeans!

I am still nervous about putting everything together and can't do this until all the pages are completely finished...so it is important to press on and get the work done. I have made Buts for the pages that haven't yet got one....and realised that the But on the first page has to be redone because it starts with a capital letter. All the other pages the But begins with a lower case.

Taking the research and experiments with the concertina spine, this is the first stage - the preparation stage for putting all the images together.

Showing the folds which will tuck between each page

Sewed the edges of the Calico first to prevent fraying




 

By felting and sewing details on each page enabled me to ensure the colours were consistent throughout. There is still much to do, but I have a clear idea what needs to be done to achieve my goal now.

I now need to research some button tins and see if any lids inspire me for the front cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment